founded the domaine which bears his name in
1979. The domaine at that time included plots in Marsannay and Fixin,
the Dominode vineyard in Savigny-les-Beaune, and a large plot lying
fallow in Morey-St.-Denis - "En la Rue de Vergy.
He is the son of Bernard Clair (1920-2005) and
the grandson of Joseph Clair (1889-1971), originator of the famous
Domaine Clair-Daü which was founded in Marsannay in 1919.
Following Joseph's death, family disagreements led to the dismantling
of the Domain Clair-Daü in 1985.
In 1986, Bruno was entrusted with the vineyards of his parents, brothers
and sisters which included those of Clos de Bèze, Cazetiers,
Clos St-Jacques, Vosne-Romanée, Clos du Fonteny and Chambolle-Musigny.
More vineyards were purchased by the estate in 1993, inlcuding Corton-Charlemagne,
Pernand-Vergelesses and Aloxe-Corton, and in 1996 Gevrey-Chambertin
Petite Chapelle was added to bring the size of the domaine to more
than 23 hectares (56.8326 acres).